A man in Gemany waits outside the entrance to a hospital, February 26, 2020. (Photo: AP)
Brussels (People’s Daily) – Health experts from China and the EU held its second video conference on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) earlier this week, which brought together representatives from the National Health Commission of China, the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, DG SANTE of the European Commission, and the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control.
Both sides delivered updates on recent developments related to the COVID-19 outbreak and exchanged detailed methods on specific response measures.
China said that since the first video conference, their response measures had generated positive results, which are now evident.
The China-World Health Organization (WHO) joint mission delivered a briefing on their inspection results. China has followed the outbreak’s development in Europe and is ready to share its experiences with the EU to help tackle challenges.
EU officials shared recent developments across Europe related to COVID-19 and the measures implemented to coordinate and support response efforts among member states.
The EU expressed gratitude for China’s timely briefing and also noted the WHO recognition of the country’s response measures.
EU officials said they were eager to maintain close communication with China to draw upon their efforts and experiences.
Representatives from the Chinese Mission to the EU participated in the video conference.