China slammed Western media's double standard in reporting Xinjiang-related issues on Monday as they deliberately remained silent on two documentaries that depict Xinjiang's terrorism and extremism and China's fighting efforts.
A group of reporters from 24 countries visit a vocational/educational center in Moyu County, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, northwest China, July 22, 2019. (Photo: Xinhua)
Previously, multiple Western journalists rushed to report many false facts including the so-called "camps" and smashed anti-terrorism measures local government took, said spokesperson Hua Chunying at a Foreign Ministry's briefing.
Yet they chose to turn a blind eye to the genuine facts, which were presented in the Chinese media CGTN's documentary films "The black hand – the East Turkistan Islamic Movement (ETIM) and terrorism in Xinjiang" and "Fighting terrorism in Xinjiang", said Hua.
"I'm deeply aggrieved when watching the footage that shows ETIM's numerous vicious acts, including inciting ethnic hatred and creating terrorist attacks," said Hua. "They also showed China's tremendous endeavors and sacrifice to counter the three evil forces in Xinjiang".
The terrorists even made capital of innocent women and children to help fulfill their ugly purposes, as some impressive footage showed how a terrorist forced his child to learn how to use handgun, and also how brainwashed children remotely controlled an explosive denoted a police car model.
The terrorists' moves in Xinjiang are heinous, both imperiling the stability and security in Xinjiang and undermining the shared safety between countries, said Hua.
Many people at home and abroad have voiced their opposition to Western media's biased reports on Xinjiang. "I call on those media agencies to thoroughly reflect on them and hope they can take responsibility and strive to bring the public objective facts rather than misguided stories," added Hua.