A worker checks the quality of lenses of medical protective goggles at a factory of a company in Helong, Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture, northeast China's Jilin Province, May 6, 2020. (Photo: Xinhua)
Chinese health authority said Thursday that it received report of three new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Wednesday.
All cases were domestically transmitted, with two reported in Liaoning Province and the other one in Jilin Province, the National Health Commission said in a daily report.
No new suspected cases were reported Wednesday on the mainland, according to the commission.
On Wednesday, six people were discharged from hospitals after recovery, while the number of severe cases decreased by one to nine.
As of Wednesday, the overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 82,929, including 101 patients who were still being treated, and 78,195 people who had been discharged after recovery.
Altogether 4,633 people had died of the disease, the commission said.
By Wednesday, the mainland had reported a total of 1,692 imported cases. Of the cases, 1,632 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 60 remained hospitalized with three in severe conditions. No deaths from the imported cases had been reported.
According to the commission, 5,291 close contacts were still under medical observation Wednesday.
Also on Wednesday, 12 new asymptomatic cases were reported on the mainland. One case was re-categorized as a confirmed case, and 49 asymptomatic cases, including two from overseas, were discharged from medical observation, according to the commission.
The commission said 712 asymptomatic cases, including 36 from overseas, were still under medical observation.
By Wednesday, 1,050 confirmed cases including four deaths had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 45 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 440 in Taiwan including six deaths.
A total of 1,008 patients in Hong Kong, 45 in Macao, and 440 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospitals after recovery.