Medical staff of Xiaotangshan Hospital clean up a ward after the hospital cleared all COVID-19 cases in Beijing, capital of China, April 28, 2020. (Photo: Xinhua)
Chinese health authority said Friday that it received reports of four new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Thursday.
All four new cases were reported in Jilin Province, the National Health Commission said in a daily report. And one suspected case was reported in Shanghai.
No deaths were reported Thursday on the mainland, the commission said.
Altogether 14 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery Thursday, while the number of severe cases increased by two to 11.
As of Thursday, the overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 82,933, including 91 patients who were still being treated and 78,209 people who had been discharged after recovery, the commission said.
Altogether 4,633 people had died of the disease, it said.
The commission said that four people were still suspected of being infected with the virus.
By Thursday, the mainland had reported a total of 1,692 imported cases. Of the cases, 1,646 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 46 were being treated with three in severe conditions. No deaths from the imported cases had been reported.
Also on Thursday, 11 new asymptomatic cases were reported on the mainland. No cases were re-categorized as confirmed cases, and 104 such cases, including three from abroad, were discharged from medical observation, according to the commission.
The commission said 619 asymptomatic cases, including 35 from abroad, were still under medical observation.
By Thursday, 1,051 confirmed cases including four deaths had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 45 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 440 in Taiwan including seven deaths.
A total of 1,009 patients in Hong Kong, 43 in Macao, and 383 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospitals after recovery.