CHINA Chinese mainland reports no new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases

CHINA

Chinese mainland reports no new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases

Xinhua

08:07, May 09, 2020

微信图片_20200509084509.jpg

Photo: Senior students walk into the Wugang No. 3 High School in Wuhan, central China's Hubei Province, May 6, 2020. /Xinhua

BEIJING, May 9 (Xinhua) -- Chinese health authority said Saturday that no new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported on the Chinese mainland on Friday.

One imported case was reported in Tianjin, the National Health Commission said in its daily report.

Also on Friday, two new suspected cases, both imported ones in Shanghai, were reported.

No deaths related to the disease were reported, according to the commission.

Altogether 53 people were discharged from hospitals after recovery Friday, while the number of severe cases decreased by three to 15.

As of Friday, the overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 82,887, including 208 patients who were still being treated, 78,046 people who had been discharged after recovery, and 4,633 people who died of the disease.

By Friday, the mainland had reported a total of 1,681 imported cases. Of the cases, 1,505 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 176 remained hospitalized with four in severe conditions. No deaths from the imported cases had been reported.

The commission said eight people, all from overseas, were still suspected of being infected with the virus.

According to the commission, 5,859 close contacts were still under medical observation after 670 people were discharged from medical observation Friday.

Also on Friday, 15 new asymptomatic cases, all domestic ones, were reported on the mainland. No cases were re-categorized as confirmed cases, and 33 such cases, including eight from overseas, were discharged from medical observation, according to the commission.

The commission said 836 asymptomatic cases, including 63 from overseas, were still under medical observation.

By Friday, 1,044 confirmed cases including four deaths had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 45 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 440 in Taiwan including six deaths.

A total of 960 patients in Hong Kong, 40 in Macao, and 355 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospitals after recovery.



Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

We have updated our privacy policy to comply with the latest laws and regulations. The updated policy explains the mechanism of how we collect and treat your personal data. You can learn more about the rights you have by reading our terms of service. Please read them carefully. By clicking AGREE, you indicate that you have read and agreed to our privacy policies

Agree and continue