CHINA Firefighters put out fire through window after house door locked

CHINA

Firefighters put out fire through window after house door locked

China Plus

03:21, December 22, 2019

housefire (china daily).jpg

Firefighters battle a housefire in Bengbu, Anhui Province. (Photo: China Plus)

Firefighters managed to put out a house fire in the city of Bengbu in Anhui Province by spraying water in through a window, after the occupant ran outside and accidentally locked the door behind her.

The woman had accidentally left a gas stove on after frying some chicken. The oil overheated and burst into flames. She tried to put the fire out by throwing water on the burning oil, but that caused the fire to spread, so she grabbed her two children and ran out of the house.

In her rush to leave, she left her house keys behind, so when firefighters arrived at the scene, they tried to get the fire under control by spraying water in through the window. They eventually broke down the door to the house and put the fire out.


Related Stories

Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

We have updated our privacy policy to comply with the latest laws and regulations. The updated policy explains the mechanism of how we collect and treat your personal data. You can learn more about the rights you have by reading our terms of service. Please read them carefully. By clicking AGREE, you indicate that you have read and agreed to our privacy policies

Agree and continue