CHINA Hong Kong to launch new round of COVID-19 fund

CHINA

Hong Kong to launch new round of COVID-19 fund

By Chen Ran | People's Daily app

10:44, August 19, 2020

Hong Kong (People’s Daily) – Chief Executive of Hong Kong Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor announced that the HKSAR government will soon launch a fresh round of financial aid to industries hit hard by the COVID-19 epidemic on Tuesday, after a total of HK$280 billion had been shelled out to boost the local economy.

“Amongst all sectors, those providing hospitality, catering, tourism and personal services are facing the most tremendous hardship,” Lam told reporters ahead of the Executive Council meeting this morning that the government fully understood how these industries had been affected by strict social distancing measures. 

Lam revealed that the government has started preparing for the new round of anti-epidemic funds and is now engaging in different sectors to come up with measures to offerof more relief. 

“I’m confident that we could all preserve our capacity and wait for the economy to bounce back,” Lam said.

 The government is to present some proposals for discussion on a special meeting on August 28, convened by the Legislative Council President and the cChairman of the House Committee.

9a9ba0502f9a4fd49f75236a1793ac84.jpg

(Photo: VCG)

Related Stories

Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

We have updated our privacy policy to comply with the latest laws and regulations. The updated policy explains the mechanism of how we collect and treat your personal data. You can learn more about the rights you have by reading our terms of service. Please read them carefully. By clicking AGREE, you indicate that you have read and agreed to our privacy policies

Agree and continue