CHINA Number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Hubei drops below 50 for first time: official

CHINA

Number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Hubei drops below 50 for first time: official

Xinhua

16:32, April 24, 2020

6c17b3d380f041f2a732f3ced68c697d.png

File photo: CGTN

BEIJING, April 24 (Xinhua) -- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Hubei, the central China province hardest hit by the epidemic, dropped to below 50 Thursday for the first time, a health official said Friday.

As of Thursday, no new confirmed or suspected cases had been reported in the province for the 20th consecutive day, said Mi Feng, spokesperson for the National Health Commission, at a press conference in Beijing.

According to the commission's daily report issued earlier Friday, Hubei had 47 confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Thursday.

Related Stories

Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

We have updated our privacy policy to comply with the latest laws and regulations. The updated policy explains the mechanism of how we collect and treat your personal data. You can learn more about the rights you have by reading our terms of service. Please read them carefully. By clicking AGREE, you indicate that you have read and agreed to our privacy policies

Agree and continue