CULTURE Hardwick will resume NBC roles after assault claim review

CULTURE

Hardwick will resume NBC roles after assault claim review

AP

07:12, August 02, 2018

800 (1).jpeg

(Photo: AP)

Chris Hardwick’s career is getting back on track after a review of sexual assault allegations made by a former girlfriend.

NBC said that Hardwick will serve as a guest host next Tuesday on “America’s Got Talent” and will return as host for season three of “The Wall” game show. Production on “The Wall” is set to begin in the fall.

NBC’s confirmation Tuesday that Hardwick was keeping the gigs came a week after AMC said he would be back with “Talking Dead” and “Talking with Chris Hardwick” following the review.

In announcing its decision, AMC said it was the “appropriate step” after interviewing a number of people in connection with the allegations against Hardwick.

He is scheduled to resume work on “Talking Dead,” companion to drama series “The Walking Dead” and “Fear the Walking Dead” on Aug. 12, the date that the latter show returns for the second half of its fourth season. Yvette Nicole Brown had been named interim host during the review.

Hardwick has acknowledged that an online post by his ex-girlfriend Chloe Dykstra alleging she had been sexually assaulted and emotionally abused referred to him. He has denied the allegations but has said the couple’s three-year relationship was imperfect and included arguments.


Related Stories

Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

We have updated our privacy policy to comply with the latest laws and regulations. The updated policy explains the mechanism of how we collect and treat your personal data. You can learn more about the rights you have by reading our terms of service. Please read them carefully. By clicking AGREE, you indicate that you have read and agreed to our privacy policies

Agree and continue