A total of 2,980 deputies to the 13th National People's Congress (NPC), China's top legislature, have been elected and are awaiting final confirmation, said a report Friday.
A report on the qualifications of the new NPC deputies, elected from 35 electoral units across the country, was submitted to the NPC Standing Committee for confirmation.
The name list of the deputies is scheduled to be published Saturday.
The 13th NPC will hold its first annual session in Beijing on March 5.
Its agenda includes:
- Reviewing the government work report;
- Examining reports on the implementation of the annual plan on national economic and social development in 2017 and the draft plan on national economic and social development in 2018;
- Examining reports on the implementation of the central and local budgets in 2017 and the draft central and local budgets in 2018;
- Deliberating a draft revision to the Constitution;
- Deliberating a draft law on supervision;
- Deliberating the work report of the NPC Standing Committee,
- Deliberating the work report of the Supreme People's Court;
- Deliberating the work report of the Supreme People's Procuratorate;
- Electing state leaders and confirming the nomination of state leaders.