China and several other countries launched Sunday the Belt and Road Digital Economy International Cooperation Initiative in Wuzhen, east China's Zhejiang Province at the start of the 4th World Internet Conference.
Among the countries which launched the initiative were Egypt, Laos, Saudi Arabia, Thailand and Turkey.
The initiative hopes to achieve the following:
1. Expand broadband access and improve quality.
2. Promote digital transformation.
3. Encourage e-commerce cooperation.
4. Support internet-based entrepreneurship and innovation.
5. Promote the development of MSMEs.
6. Strengthen digital capability building.
7. Promote investment in the ICT Sector.
8. Promote inter-city cooperation in the digital economy.
9. Enhance digital inclusion.
10. Encourage transparent digital economy policy-making.
11. Promote international standardization cooperation.
12. Strengthen confidence and trust.
13. Encourage cooperation with respect to an independent choice of development path.
14. Encourage the establishment of a peaceful, secure, open, cooperative and orderly cyberspace.
15. Encourage the establishment of a multi-level exchange mechanism to promote exchanges and share views among governments, enterprises, scientific institutions, industry organizations and relevant interested parties to promote cooperation in digital economy.