HEADLINE US allows ZTE to submit additional evidence

HEADLINE

US allows ZTE to submit additional evidence

CGTN

04:59, April 22, 2018

(Photo: CGTN)

The US Department of Commerce says it will allow ZTE, China’s telecom giant, to provide supplementary materials to boost its case, Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing a senior official from the US Department of Commerce.

The official stated that although ZTE has no administrative appeal rights, the department had agreed to receive evidence through informal procedures in the near future.

Earlier this week, the US Department of Commerce announced to ban American firms from selling parts and software to ZTE for 7 years, claiming ZTE had made false statements to US officials, escalating trade tensions between the two sides.

ZTE called the move "unfair” and "unacceptable,” and said it would not only severely impact the survival and development of ZTE, but also cause damages to all partners of ZTE, including a large number of US companies.


Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

We have updated our privacy policy to comply with the latest laws and regulations. The updated policy explains the mechanism of how we collect and treat your personal data. You can learn more about the rights you have by reading our terms of service. Please read them carefully. By clicking AGREE, you indicate that you have read and agreed to our privacy policies

Agree and continue