BEIJING - The Chinese Football Association (CFA) announced on Saturday that an extra transfer window will be introduced before the kick-off of its affiliated professional leagues, which have been delayed due to the COVID-19 epidemic.
According to a statement issued by the CFA, the extra window, which will last no less than three weeks, will be open exclusively to the players and clubs registered with CFA.
"CFA found that its registered professional clubs, affected by the COVID-19 outbreak, had been struggling to complete player transfer dealings before February 28, the winter window deadline set by FIFA," the statement said.
The opening and closing dates of the extra window will be decided depending on the development of the COVID-19 epidemic, according to the statement.
The CFA has applied to FIFA for making adjustments to the summer transfer window of Chinese football, the statement said.