SPORTS F1 official: 2020 season could be behind closed doors

SPORTS

F1 official: 2020 season could be behind closed doors

Xinhua

10:54, April 09, 2020

LONDON, April 8 (Xinhua) - Formula 1 motorsport managing director Ross Brawn says the 2020 season could potentially be held behind closed doors due to the coronavirus outbreak.

VCG31N689310768.jpg

Valtteri Bottas driving the (77) Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team Mercedes F1 WO8 on track during the Monaco Formula One Grand Prix at Circuit de Monaco on May 28, 2017 in Monte-Carlo, Monaco. (Photo: CFP)

F1 has decided to postpone eight races so far this season while the Monaco Grand Prix was canceled.

"Travel for the teams and travel for everyone involved is going to be one of the big issues. You could argue once we get there we could become fairly self-contained. Our view is probably a European start will be favorable and that could even be a closed event," Brawn told Sky Sports.

"We have a race with no spectators. That's not great, but it's better than no racing at all," he added.

Related Stories

Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

We have updated our privacy policy to comply with the latest laws and regulations. The updated policy explains the mechanism of how we collect and treat your personal data. You can learn more about the rights you have by reading our terms of service. Please read them carefully. By clicking AGREE, you indicate that you have read and agreed to our privacy policies

Agree and continue