WORLD 120,000 people expected to visit 22nd Consumer Fair in Brunei

WORLD

120,000 people expected to visit 22nd Consumer Fair in Brunei

Xinhua

16:27, January 21, 2019

BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN, Jan. 21 (Xinhua) -- Brunei's largest consumer fair is expected to draw crowds of up to 120,000 people as it kicks off on Wednesday.

The 22nd Consumer Fair will be held from Wednesday to Sunday at the International Convention Centre in Brunei.

According to D'Sunlit Sdn Bhd, a representative from organizers, the fair will feature over 450 booths and sellers.

She said 80 percent of the booths comprise local vendors while the remaining 20 percent are from other Southeast Asian countries.

She added that the fair will introduce a concept of rush hour promotion.

"We will have hourly promotions for these zones. For example, we will have one hour dedicated to the fashion zone where there will be promotions for the products and goods sold there," she explained.

This year's edition of the fair will be the first to support Brunei's no plastic bags initiative.

Brunei government has encouraged the public to use reusable bags instead of plastic bags.

The initiative, launched in 2011, came into full force on Dec. 31 last year when it is announced that participating stores would no longer provide plastic bags.

Over 110,000 people visited the fair last year, with the participation of some 400 booths.

The first Consumer Fair was introduced in 2008 and it serves as an one-stop shop for the latest products and services at promotional prices.

Related Stories

Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

We have updated our privacy policy to comply with the latest laws and regulations. The updated policy explains the mechanism of how we collect and treat your personal data. You can learn more about the rights you have by reading our terms of service. Please read them carefully. By clicking AGREE, you indicate that you have read and agreed to our privacy policies

Agree and continue