WORLD 24 people taken to UK hospital after toxic fumes at hotel spa

WORLD

24 people taken to UK hospital after toxic fumes at hotel spa

Xinhua

23:52, August 24, 2021

LONDON, Aug. 24 (Xinhua) -- Twenty four people, including children, were taken to hospital Monday night after they were exposed to toxic fumes at a hotel spa in Hampshire, southeast England, the Evening Standard newspaper reported Tuesday.

Photo from web

Hampshire and Isle of Wight Fire Rescue Service was alerted to the Solent Hotel and Spa in Whiteley to deal with a "large-scale incident" at 8:44 p.m. BST (1944 GMT) on Monday, according to the London-based newspaper.

An accidental mix of chemicals created a poisonous gas chlorine, local fire rescue team said.

Children were among those taken to hospital, said the newspaper.

Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

We have updated our privacy policy to comply with the latest laws and regulations. The updated policy explains the mechanism of how we collect and treat your personal data. You can learn more about the rights you have by reading our terms of service. Please read them carefully. By clicking AGREE, you indicate that you have read and agreed to our privacy policies

Agree and continue