WORLD 3 killed, 6 injured in E. Afghan blasts

WORLD

3 killed, 6 injured in E. Afghan blasts

By Xinhua | Xinhua

01:59, December 03, 2017

AFGHANISTAN-NANGARHAR-BLAST 

Afghan security force members inspect the site of an attack in Nangarhar province, Afghanistan, Dec. 2, 2017. Three people were killed and six others wounded on Saturday in three successive blasts in Three people were killed and six others wounded on Saturday in three successive blasts in Jalalabad city, capital of Afghanistan's eastern province of Nangarhar, a local official said.

"A bomb blast occurred at around midday near the building of local media Inhykas TV in Jalalabad. As soon as people gathered near the side and responding units of security forces arrived two blasts went off there, leaving the casualties," provincial government spokesman Attahullah Ghogyani told Xinhua.

The victims included two civilians and one member of intelligence National Directorate of Security (NDS). Among those injured was a NDS personnel, the spokesman added.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far but Taliban insurgents and Islamic State (IS) fighter have presence in the province, 120 km east of Kabul.

The Taliban militants, who ruled the country before being ousted in late 2001, renewed armed insurgency, killing government troops as well as civilians.

The IS terrorist group has also been a threat to the security of several Afghan provinces since early 2015 when the group emerged in the country.

Related Stories

Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

We have updated our privacy policy to comply with the latest laws and regulations. The updated policy explains the mechanism of how we collect and treat your personal data. You can learn more about the rights you have by reading our terms of service. Please read them carefully. By clicking AGREE, you indicate that you have read and agreed to our privacy policies

Agree and continue