WORLD 7 poisoned in Albania due to gas release in tailoring workplace


7 poisoned in Albania due to gas release in tailoring workplace


08:02, November 25, 2018


(Photo: kknews)

Seven female workers from a tailoring facility in Durres, western Albania were hospitalized due to poisoning from the helium gas released by some air conditioners, police said on Saturday.

According to the police, the seven workers remained intoxicated due to the gas released in their workplace during the movement of some air conditioners.

Meanwhile, Genti Kavaja, vice director of Durres hospital, said two of the seven patients were sent to Tirana hospital for more specialized treatment, whereas the other five continue to stay in the Durres hospital in a stabilized condition.

"I was ironing, when I fainted," said one of the patients sent to the hospital after showing signs of intoxication.

According to the police, the owner of the tailoring manufacture, Italian citizen G.S., has been summoned to the police station to make his statement on the circumstances of the event. Enditem

Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

We have updated our privacy policy to comply with the latest laws and regulations. The updated policy explains the mechanism of how we collect and treat your personal data. You can learn more about the rights you have by reading our terms of service. Please read them carefully. By clicking AGREE, you indicate that you have read and agreed to our privacy policies

Agree and continue