WORLD China blasts US over Xinjiang imports ban

WORLD

China blasts US over Xinjiang imports ban

CGTN

18:34, September 23, 2020

微信截图_20200923183357.png

File photo

China hit back Wednesday at a U.S. move to ban imports from northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region over claims of so-called forced labor, saying it will continue to take all necessary measures to resolutely safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of Chinese companies.

"China expresses strong indignation and firm opposition, and had already made stern representations to the U.S.," said Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin at a regular press briefing.

Wang's remarks came after the U.S. House of Representatives voted on Tuesday in favor of the ban over claims of so-called forced labor in Xinjiang.

Xinjiang affairs are purely China's internal affairs, said Wang, adding that the so-called forced labor issue is a completely fabricated lie by certain Western organizations and individuals.


Related Stories

Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

We have updated our privacy policy to comply with the latest laws and regulations. The updated policy explains the mechanism of how we collect and treat your personal data. You can learn more about the rights you have by reading our terms of service. Please read them carefully. By clicking AGREE, you indicate that you have read and agreed to our privacy policies

Agree and continue