A historic building near the central Talaat Harb Square in Cairo's downtown district. (Photo: AFP)
Cairo (People’s Daily) -- 145 new cases of COVID-19 and 11 new fatalities were confirmed in Egypt as of Saturday evening, said a statement from the country’s health ministry.
The number of cases has risen to 1,939 with the number of fatalities at 146, while 426 people have recovered.
Three Egyptian doctors have so far been recorded dead from the coronavirus and 43 others infected, the Egyptian Medical Syndicate said on the same day, adding that it is still in the tallying process and that the numbers are "likely to increase."