KUWAIT CITY, April 18 (Xinhua) -- Kuwait on Saturday reported one more COVID-19 death case and 93 new cases, bringing the total number of confirmed infections to 1,751 and total death cases to six, the health ministry said in a statement.
It said that among the new cases, 83 cases were those who had contact with infected patients, adding that the cause of the infection for the other 10 is still under investigation.
The death case is a 68-year-old Bangladeshi resident who was in ICU, it said.
So far, 1,465 patients are receiving treatment, including 34 in ICU, according to the statement.
Meanwhile, Kuwaiti Minister of Health Bassel Al-Sabah announced the recovery of 22 patients from the coronavirus, raising the total number of recoveries in the country to 280.
On April 4, Kuwait reported the first death case of COVID-19.
The Kuwaiti government has imposed a nationwide curfew to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
On March 13, Kuwait suspended all commercial flights. The government also closed stores, malls and barbershops. Enditem