46 people hospitalized, 15 in critical condition, in carbon monoxide leak at Canada hotel


(Photo: Agencies)

OTTAWA, July 9 (Xinhua) -- Forty-six people have been rushed to hospital, including 15 in critical condition, following a suspected carbon monoxide leak at a hotel in the City of Winnipeg, Canada's Manitoba, local authorities said Tuesday.

Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service crews responded to the alarm around 10 a.m. local time and detected CO of various levels throughout the building, up to 385 parts per million, City of Winnipeg said in a series of tweets.

Quoting officials, CBC News reported that among the 46 hospitalized, 15 are in critical condition, 5 unstable, 26 stable.