KUWAIT CITY, April 11 (Xinhua) -- Kuwait reported on Saturday 161 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 1,154, the Health Ministry said in a statement.
Cleaners wearing facemasks rest at the Kuwait International Airport Terminal 4, on April 3, 2020 amid the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic crisis.(Photo: AFP)
The new cases include 29 Kuwaiti citizens who returned from Britain, Germany and the United States, one case related to illegal resident arrived from Britain and one Indian resident who arrived from Egypt, the statement said.
It added that 124 cases have a history of contact with infected patients and the cause of the infection for the other six cases is still under investigation.
So far, 1,020 patients are receiving treatment, including 26 in ICU, the statement noted.
Meanwhile, Kuwaiti Minister of Health Bassel Al-Sabah announced the recovery of ten patients from the coronavirus, raising the total number of recoveries in the country to 133.
On April 4, Kuwait reported the first death case of COVID-19.
The Kuwaiti government has decided to impose a nationwide curfew to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
On March 13, Kuwait suspended all commercial flights. The government also decided to close stores, malls and barbershops.