WORLD Erdogan announces resumption of Turkey energy search in eastern Med

WORLD

Erdogan announces resumption of Turkey energy search in eastern Med

AFP

19:53, August 07, 2020

timg.jpg

(File photo: baidu.com)

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Friday announced that Turkey has restarted a search for energy in the eastern Mediterranean, accusing neighbouring Greece of failing to keep its promises.

"We have resumed the drilling activity. We have sent (vessel) Barbaros Hayrettin to the area," Erdogan told reporters after Friday prayers at Istanbul's landmark Hagia Sophia mosque. 

Last month, Turkey said it had agreed to suspend "for a while" a search for oil and gass off a Greek island depending on the outcome of negotiations with Greece and EU heavyweight Germany. 

Related Stories

Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

We have updated our privacy policy to comply with the latest laws and regulations. The updated policy explains the mechanism of how we collect and treat your personal data. You can learn more about the rights you have by reading our terms of service. Please read them carefully. By clicking AGREE, you indicate that you have read and agreed to our privacy policies

Agree and continue