KUWAIT CITY, April 19 (Xinhua) -- Kuwait on Sunday reported one more death and 164 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total infections to 1,915 and death toll to seven, the health ministry said in a statement.
Among the new cases, 158 are contacts with the confirmed patients, while the cause of the infection for the other six is still under investigation, said the statement.
The new death case is a 60-year-old Indian resident, it added.
So far, 1,603 patients are receiving treatment, including 38 in ICU, according to the statement.
Meanwhile, Kuwaiti Minister of Health Bassel Al-Sabah announced the recovery of 25 patients from the coronavirus, raising the total number of recoveries in the country to 305.
On April 4, Kuwait reported the first death case of COVID-19.
The Kuwaiti government has imposed a nationwide curfew to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
On March 13, Kuwait suspended all commercial flights. The government also closed stores, malls and barbershops as precautionary measures to curb the virus' spread.