KUWAIT CITY, April 3 (Xinhua) -- Kuwait reported on Friday 75 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number in the country to 417, the Health Ministry said in a statement.
Among the new cases, there are six Kuwaiti citizens who returned from Britain and Iran and one Iraqi resident who arrived from Iraq, according to the ministry statement.
Another 36 cases have a history of contact with infected patients, and 32 are still under investigation, the statement said.
So far, 335 patients are still receiving treatment, including 16 in ICU, it noted.
Meanwhile, Kuwaiti Minister of Health Bassel Al-Sabah announced the recovery of one more patient from the coronavirus, raising the number of the cured in the country to 82.
The Kuwaiti government has decided to impose a nationwide curfew to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
On March 13, Kuwait suspended all commercial flights. The government also decided to close stores, malls and barbershops.