WORLD Lao gov't urges people to stay vigilant against possible 2nd wave of COVID-19

WORLD

Lao gov't urges people to stay vigilant against possible 2nd wave of COVID-19

Xinhua

16:49, January 09, 2021

VIENTIANE, Jan. 9 (Xinhua) -- The Lao Ministry of Health on Saturday urged people countrywide to remain vigilant and adapt to the new normal to avoid a second wave of the COVID-19 outbreak.

File photo: CFP

Deputy Director General of the Department of Communicable Disease Control under the Lao Ministry of Health Latsamy Vongkhamsao told a press conference that risk remained for Laos of a second wave of COVID-19 as some neighboring countries continued to combat outbreaks.
Lao people nationwide should continue their efforts in implementing preventive measures, and it was essential that every person and all relevant authorities strictly abide by the new normal guidelines, said Latsamy.
On Friday, a total of 2,894 people entered Laos through international border checkpoints. The temperature of each person entering Laos was checked and no one showed signs of fever.
According to the National Taskforce Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, 2,410 people have been quarantined at 31 accommodation centers across the country.
The total number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 recorded in Laos remains at 41, with 40 of them having recovered and one patient being under observation in hospital.
Laos confirmed its first two COVID-19 cases on March 24 last year.

Related Stories

Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

We have updated our privacy policy to comply with the latest laws and regulations. The updated policy explains the mechanism of how we collect and treat your personal data. You can learn more about the rights you have by reading our terms of service. Please read them carefully. By clicking AGREE, you indicate that you have read and agreed to our privacy policies

Agree and continue