WORLD Philippines extends Luzon lockdown to April 30

WORLD

Philippines extends Luzon lockdown to April 30

Xinhua

12:22, April 07, 2020

bBz5bIgb.jpg

File photo

MANILA, April 7 (Xinhua) -- The Philippines' main island of Luzon will continue to be locked down until April 30 as the government continues to fight COVID-19 in the country, a Philippine official said on Tuesday.

Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said in a virtual media briefing that Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has approved the recommendation of the inter-agency implementing the measures to stem the spread of the virus for the extension of the enhanced community quarantine.

Duterte announced late Monday night that his administration is inclined to extend the lockdown.

The entire main Luzon island in the Philippines has been under "enhanced community quarantine" until April 12 in a drastic bid to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the country.

The Philippines has so far recorded 3,660 COVID-19 cases with 163 deaths and 73 recoveries.



Related Stories

Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

We have updated our privacy policy to comply with the latest laws and regulations. The updated policy explains the mechanism of how we collect and treat your personal data. You can learn more about the rights you have by reading our terms of service. Please read them carefully. By clicking AGREE, you indicate that you have read and agreed to our privacy policies

Agree and continue