WORLD Saudi says Hajj season free from COVID-19 so far

WORLD

Saudi says Hajj season free from COVID-19 so far

Xinhua

11:09, July 20, 2021

Muslim pilgrims gather around Mount Arafat, also known as Jabal al-Rahma (Mount of Mercy), southeast of the holy city of Mecca, during the climax of the Hajj pilgrimage amid the COVID-19 pandemic, on July 19, 2021. (Photo: Agencies)

RIYADH -- Saudi Arabia announced on Monday that the Hajj season is so far free from COVID-19 and other contagious diseases, Al Ekhbariay TV reported.

The Health Ministry Spokesman Mohammed Al-Abdulaali told a press conference that the health condition of pilgrims is reassuring and there is no Hajj-related COVID-19 case in the kingdom.

Health sectors are standing by to implement the precautionary plans and manage the crowds, he added.

Meanwhile, Security Spokesman of the Interior Ministry Talal Al-Shalhoub said security forces work to ensure pilgrims follow social distancing at all sites.

The police are also guarding the ritual sites to prevent the entry of unregistered individuals, Al-Shalhoub added.

Spokesman of the Hajj and Umrah Ministry Hisham Saeed told the press conference about the success of transporting pilgrims from Mina to Arafat areas.

Given the COVID-19 pandemic, the number of domestic pilgrims during this year's Hajj season is limited to 60,000.

Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

We have updated our privacy policy to comply with the latest laws and regulations. The updated policy explains the mechanism of how we collect and treat your personal data. You can learn more about the rights you have by reading our terms of service. Please read them carefully. By clicking AGREE, you indicate that you have read and agreed to our privacy policies

Agree and continue