File photo of UK's Prince Charles
LONDON, March 30 (Xinhua) -- Britain's Prince Charles is now out of self-isolation following his diagnosis of COVID-19, the Clarence House said Monday.
"Having consulted with his doctor, the Prince of Wales is now out of self-isolation," said a spokesman of Clarence House, the official residence of Charles and his wife Duchess of Cornwall Camilla.
The 71-year-old Prince of Wales "is in good health" and now following the current standard government and medical restrictions that apply nationwide, said the spokesman.
The prince was in isolation for a total of seven days after announcing last week that he tested positive for the novel coronavirus and displayed mild symptoms. Camilla, 72, has tested negative but remains in isolation. The couple are staying at their home in Balmoral, Scotland.
According to government guidelines, anyone with coronavirus symptoms should self-isolate for seven days, while everyone living in their household should self-isolate for two weeks.
Buckingham Palace previously said the Queen Elizabeth II last saw Charles on March 12, and was "in good health".
A total of 19,522 COVID-19 cases had been confirmed in Britain as of Sunday morning, according to the Department of Health and Social Care.