The US has requested a postponement for the second round of the China-US Diplomatic and Security Dialogue, which was previously scheduled for mid-October, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said in a statement on Tuesday.
China and the United States had previously agreed in principle to hold the second round of their Diplomatic and Security Dialogue in mid-October, while the United States recently proposed putting off the dialogue, Hua said.
Hua's remarks came after some US media outlets reported that China had proposed the postponement.
"China and the United States will continue their communication on holding the second round of the Diplomatic and Security Dialogue," she said.
The First Round of China-US Diplomatic and Security Dialogue was held in June last year in the US capital of Washington, DC.
Both sides agreed that the inaugural diplomatic and security dialogue was "constructive" and "fruitful" and pledged to continue with the mechanism to further develop Sino-US relations.