Nurses receive training on using ventilators, recently provided by the World Health Organization at the intensive care ward of a hospital allocated for novel coronavirus patients in preparation for any possible spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Sanaa, Yemen April 8, 2020. (Photo: Agencies)
The Saudi-backed Yemeni government declared on Friday the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in the country's eastern province of Hadramout.
"The first confirmed case of coronavirus was recorded in the government-controlled province of Hadramout. The health situation of the infected patient is stable who receives medical care," said a statement released by the Supreme National Emergency Committee.
The statement said that all the medical teams and concerned agencies have started taking necessary measures to deal with the situation in Hadramout.
It added that more details about the first case will be introduced during a press conference by the country's official health spokesperson in Hadramout later in the day.
Earlier in the day, the local government in Hadramout directed the security forces to impose a curfew in four districts of Hadramout for 20 hours and continue closing the public markets and mosques there.
Israel has confirmed a total of 10,095 cases of COVID-19 infection as of Friday, with 92 people died, according to the country's health authorities.