The Taipei 101 skyscraper, China's Taiwan region. (Photo: VCG)
The Chinese mainland on Friday issued a circular (link in Chinese) requiring coordinated efforts to support the development of Taiwan-funded enterprises and advance Taiwan-funded projects amid the coronavirus epidemic.
Jointly released by the National Development and Reform Commission, the State Council Taiwan Affairs Office and eight other agencies, the circular lists 11 measures.
The measures are as follows:
– Continue to help and support Taiwan-funded enterprises in resuming work and production.
– Coordinate efforts to advance major Taiwan-funded projects.
– Actively support Taiwan-funded enterprises in increasing investments and expanding production capacity.
– Facilitate Taiwan-funded enterprises to participate in the construction of new-type and traditional infrastructure.
– Support Taiwan-funded enterprises in maintaining stability in foreign trade.
– Guide Taiwan-funded enterprises to explore the domestic market.
– Fully implement tax break policies.
– Step up financial support for Taiwan-funded enterprises in epidemic control and business and manufacturing resumption.
– Fully support and meet the reasonable land use needs of Taiwan-funded projects.
– Support the development of small and medium-sized Taiwan-funded enterprises.
– Actively serve Taiwan-funded enterprises.